New Dojo Location?
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Anonymous
Posted on: 2005/3/23 10:48
New Dojo Location?
Jorge Sensei,

I got your newsletter via e-mail today about a new location that has 35 mats, near the Katy area.

Is this a new location for you? or is it a new affiliated dojo with the Shudokan? I was looking for clarification on that, wasn't too sure. How many dojo are affiliated with you? I know you have your organization there at the YMCA and Joel in Corpus Christi. How many others?

By the way, progress is being made in Midland, but I'm sure you've been told all about it. Can't wait to send pictures and perhaps in the future, bring you and John up to Midland for a seminar and visit.

Looking forward to continued growth in aikido!!

Take care,
John B.
JGarcia
Posted on: 2005/3/25 17:27
Webmaster
Re: New Dojo Location?
John,
The location is a new one for us. A traditional Go-ju ryu karate dojo asked us if we would start an Aikido program there. We did 6 weeks ago and we have 8 students as of now. The dojo is called Shindokan and it is a new member of the Shudokan Aikido Association. Shudokan is an association of dojos who are under Shihan Hiroshi Kato. While Kato sensei has dojos in California that all relate to him individually, those of us in Texas have decided to band together under Shudokan and relate to him as a group. We have four dojos with two more in the planning stages. I am also in contact with other individuals thinking of starting a dojo and joining with us.
Best always,
Sensei Jorge
Anonymous
Posted on: 2005/4/4 14:35
Re: New Dojo Location?
Domo arigato, Sensei.

Many of us in Midland are looking forward to seeing you and Shihan in June. I am hoping to attend the seminar in Houston, but Corpus may win out. Either way, I will be there in June... and can't wait!
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post