Aikido Talk
     Aiki Spirit and Harmony
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Anonymous
Posted on: 2004/12/6 18:05
Aiki Spirit and Harmony
I am new to this site but must inform the readers, and students of the exceptional character of two of the Sensei in your organization. As an Instructor in the arts of Ju-Jitsu, Aikijujitsu and Judo I often encounter closed mindedness by practitioners of other arts. They either have contempt for material outside of their realm of knowledge or expertise or they feel that their art is so superior that they have no need to either share or learn with or from others. I find that the principle of "contempt prior to investigation" is the greatest defeat of any martial artist, on or off the tatami. The town I live in (Victoria Tx.) has no qualified Yudansha level Aikido instructors but does have a bunch of practitioners that are hungry to learn more of this art in its pure form and function. One being this writer. Our need fell on the ears of Sensei's Molina and Garcia. They not only corresponded with us warmly but have gratiously offered their time to help us obtain some training goals as a Ryu. My (as well as the Kyu Shin Ryu) heart felt thank you goes out to both these men, for they truly embody the spirit of what Aikido represents-Harmony. They do this by their giving of themselves. O'SENSEI WOULD BE PROUD.
JGarcia
Posted on: 2004/12/27 14:18
Webmaster
Re: Aiki Spirit and Harmony
Thank you sensei for your kind words. After I returned from Victoria, I told my students of the exceptional dojo that you have and of your wonderful students that are as exceptional as their Sensei. I hope that you will come to our seminar next year and do a demonstartion of your arts for all who are present.
Sincerely,
Sensei Jorge
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post